What We’re Doing to Keep Patients Safe
During the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Albert Vein Institute has remained open to treat patients with essential vein care needs. We have followed stringent guidelines and perfected our protocols to protect our patients and staff during the uncertainty of the pandemic. As cases continue to flatten, Colorado’s ‘Stay-at-Home Orders’ will shift to ‘Safer-at-Home’, lifting the ban on non-essential medical surgeries and procedures.
We are now open to to treat ALL of our patients’ vein care needs, and we will continue to follow the necessary recommendations from the WHO and CDC. Our strategically designed facility allows us to practice social distancing guidelines to the fullest extent.
We welcome existing and NEW patients at both our Denver and Colorado Springs locations. Call us at (303) 502-9454 to book your appointment today!
Perfected Protocols for Safety & Comfort
We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus to provide patients with the latest updates, as well as remain in compliance with all safety regulations and guidelines.
Our office is fully equipped with COVID-19 safety measures, including:
- Expansive Facilities – Our locations have large lobbies and waiting areas, as well as oversized ultrasound exam and operating rooms, which allow for enough room to easily social distance between other patients and staff members.
- Social Distancing – We will continue to practice the guidelines for social distancing at all times throughout our facility, from our front desk to our operating rooms.
- Pre-Screening Patients – All patients will need to be ‘pre-screened’ upon entering our facilities to check their temperature and for any possible symptoms.
- Pre-Screening Staff – We will regularly monitor the health of every staff member working in the office. This will include taking their temperatures and assessing their symptoms before the start of every shift.
- Extensive Cleaning – We go above and beyond the suggested guidelines for sterilization and cleaning of our facilities to maximize the health and safety of our patients and staff members.
- Protective Equipment – Personal protective equipment is utilized at all times, by both the medical staff and patients, to ensure that all encounters are safe and protected.
Protecting Our Patients
We are very mindful of our patients who are considered “high-risk,” and we make every effort to accommodate them with flexible appointment times and virtual visits through telemedicine.
For those who don’t wish to come into an office, we encourage you to take advantage of our telehealth services. All you need to do is schedule an appointment and we’ll send you an email with instructions for your online video conference. Patients can expect to receive the same quality of care from virtual visits as they would if they came into our office.
For more information, call us at (303) 502-9454 today or contact us online. We’re accepting new patients at both our Denver and Colorado Springs locations.